English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
NOW ENROLLING FOR AUTUMN 2017
- Speaking – Learning and practising useful phrases for speaking situations
- Writing – Practising writing tasks that are relevant to you at work or personally
- Listening – Improving your listening skills and listening strategies
- Reading – Improving your reading skills and reading strategies
- Grammar – Raising your awareness of grammar and using grammar more accurately
- Vocabulary – Learning new words and phrases to aid your understanding and use of English
- Pronunciation – Improving your pronunciation mainly through speaking and listening practice
Certificate of Attendance from Dundalk Institute of Technology.
Who Should Apply?
This course is for speakers of other languages who would like to improve their English language skills. You may have several reasons for wanting to improve your English: you may want to find a better job; get language support to help you with another course; understand Irish people better; help your children with their schoolwork; or simply because you love the language. Whatever your reasons, if English is not your first language and you would like to improve your language skills, this course will give you opportunities to learn and practise new language.
Please note that this course is not suitable for absolute beginners or for highly proficient users of English.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to speak to us by phone and/or do a short writing task so that we can assess your level of English.
How To Apply
Enrol online via the Green Button above.
One evening of two hours per week for ten weeks.
Wednesday 4th October at 7.00pm (subject to change).
No formal entry standards have been set. For teaching purposes, a short placement test comprising a telephone conversation and brief writing task may be used to assess applicants’ level of English.
PLEASE NOTE WE OFFER AN EARLY BIRD 10% DISCOUNT IF YOU ENROL BY 1st MAY (€135 payable instead of €150 - a saving of €15!)